Sunday, March 22, 2009
An old fashion Sunday stroll
Today it was 74 degrees. There was little wind and the sun was shining. Today was also stake conference for me. Since I figured the parking lot would be full and I only live a mile away I decided to walk. As I was walking I thought, "why don't I do this every Sunday?" It was so nice and relaxing. It also made think about how "easy" our lives have become. I read a story from the last General Relief Society meeting about members of the church from Central America that spent five days traveling to Arizona to attend the Temple. Many of them made great sacrifices to attend. During a talk today, a story from Sister Pinegree was retold. While her husband was a mission president there were two Relief Society sisters in Nigeria, I think, that walked eighteen miles to renew their Temple recommends even though they never planned to use them since the nearest temple was in South Africa and they could not afford to go. I couldn't help but ask myself if I would do the same. Or would I walk over a thousand miles to a new home to be obedient to the Lord's call. I sure hope I would. Perhaps my two miles today is a start so that I can walk any distance the Lord would require of me. It is amazing the cognitive exercise that can be influenced by an old fashion Sunday stroll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So very true, Holly. I am quite sure that you would.
Good thoughts. How's everything going?
I thought that story was really neat. It really does make you stop and think how easy we have it.
Post a Comment