Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I am trying to get rid of stuff early for my move in August. I was going through a box and I came across the first board I broke in my Taekwondo class. Do you think it is stupid to hang on to something like this? The reality of it is that it is $10 pine wood from Home Depot. Should I keep it or place it to rest in my apartment dumpster?

9 comments:

Annie said...

Where are you moving to in August?

And about the board - I moved stuff like that around FOREVER - and then one day I chucked it all. Very liberating.

Heidi and Robert said...

Keep it. That's from your non-pack rat sister. It doesn't take up hardly any space. I think it's worth it.

Heidi and Robert said...

Hey, make bookends out of it.

Brent said...

You should put it in a shadow box and hang it on your wall.

No, I'm not that embarrassed to know what a shadow box is.

Yes, I'm a bit uncertain whether shadow box is the right name for what I'm thinking about.

Susan said...

If you decide to get rid of it, first take a good up-close photograph of it.

Stacie Mathis said...

A picture takes up a lot less room!

Hawaiian Free-Spirit said...

Keep it, you can start a new phase in your life as a pack rat. Plus when you're old you can tell kids if they don't behave you'll break them like that board on the wall.

Alexis said...

Ah ha- put it in a shadow box AND hang in it in your classroom (or counceling office).

Laura said...

You better keep your friends, the Friers, notified of where you are moving! Good luck packing!