Friday, May 1, 2009
What needs are met when you are married? Physical!
In my health class I am teaching about mental and emotional health. Part of the curriculum is Maslow's Hierarchy. For those that don't know what this is, it is certain needs that every human must meet in order to have a good mental and emotional health. So, the first need is physiological needs; food, water, sleep, etc. Then there are safety needs followed by the need to belong. After that there is the need for recognition. Finally, there is the need to reach one's own potential or self actualization. I was giving my students some real life scenarios and they would then identify which need was being met. One scenario was marriage. The answer is the need to belong or love that is being met. However, when I asked what need was being met one young man said, "Physical". Everyone started laughing but him. He sat there and pondered what he had just said and then quickly added, "You guys have dirty minds." It was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment