My sister thought I would have the runs if I tried it but I thought it would be worth it for a day because I was convinced that afterwards I would feel like a new woman. The directions said to mix 4oz with 80z of water and do this four times in a day. I chose the berry flavored cleanser to be the first to make it ways into my body. I opened the bottle and instantly caught a whiff of the stuff...I shiver just thinking about it. The liquid was a dark brown. I wasn't sure if this was because it had expired or this was it's normal color. My parents weren't home so I decided I would go for it and hope for the best (Alexis, you think I would learn).
I started to drink and thought this isn't so bad. I was half way done with the glass and took a pause in drinking and that's when it hit me...the after taste. Drive heaves followed. But I was determined to finish so I did and then made my way next to the toilet expecting to throw up. Once I got my gag reflex under control, I drank 32 oz of water. Rather than just stopping with one glass, I forced myself to complete the other three glasses throughout the day. It was torture. It was so disgusting. I decided that I was not going to do it another day even though the directions said to do it two days in a row. After four glasses of that #%*& I had had enough. And to top it all off I found out it was not a colon cleanser but a diuretic. Good thing it is Fast Sunday soon.
My family's response to my experiment.
- Water and apple juice will clean out your colon
- That is why we have fast Sunday
- Although they did not verbalize this I am sure they thought I was CRAZY
4 comments:
Ooo...sounds like a fun adventure. Thanks for trying it out for the rest of us.
What were you thinking?!
After further reflection, I am wondering why the Leonard tradition of eating oatmeal has been replaced by such strange concoctions? No matter what you may think about oatmeal, it tastes heavenly compared to the alternatiive!!
Holly, Holly- oh my golly! You really don't need to subject yourself to that stuff until you are up for your regularly scheduled colonoscopy! (In ~20 years for you!) Really, this just sounds like you have been hanging out with teenagers a bit too long.
Reading this, it sounded like you neglected several points which might have been described by others as "promptings NOT to proceed!"
I'm glad it didn't make you sicker. Yuck!
Post a Comment