Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Swimming the English Channel

This summer I started swimming half a mile twice a week for exercise. I set a goal to swim a mile and my dad and I did! It wasn't as tiring as I had envisioned; I felt like I could of kept going. Only 20 miles more and I would of swam the distance of the English Channel.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Good job, Holly! A mile is quite a distance to swim -- I remember watching Derek when he swam a mile for Boy Scouts. You should be proud of yourself!

Emily said...

That is really great Holly!

Nilda Noel said...

If anyone could do it, you can. It amazes me how you set your mind to something and just do it. I'd admire you for that. Great job!!! (P.S. my verification word is "hollyra" (no kidding) - like Sheera, but for HOlly ;0) )

Bekki said...

let me know when the big day is- I'd love to be there to watch! haha