Sunday, April 11, 2010

Closet BYU Fan

So, about two weeks ago, UW played BYU in the Women's NIT Tournament here in Laramie. The game was the same night my 1st cousnelor and I were to do Relief Society visits. Well, my counselor said she would not be able to go because she had tickets to the game. My secretary said she would go with me instead. Well, I told my secretary that we needed to do something to my counselor's house while she was at the game. We decided since my cousnelor and her husband are HUGE UW fans, we would have a BYU theme be our guidance for a prank. We made two posters and got blue and white balloons to decorate their house. We thought it would be appropriate to take pictures and then email them a few days later.



Well, we emailed the pictures Saturday night and were a little confused that Mary didn't say anything to us at church. So, we decided she hadn't checked her email. Then in our presidency meeting, Mary asked how Thursday visits went. I started laughing and Tamia put a paper in front of her face, but I pulled it off and Mary had NO idea it was us until she saw the email. She and her husband thought it was a couple in the Stake that are BYU fans that Mary doesn't really care for. Her husband was pretty mad. When she told her husband it was us he said, "I thought they were my friends."


Notice the UW posters in the window.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Okay...I'm glad to see you still love to play pranks (and super glad that you don't live close by for that reason:)) and I didn't know you were the RS president! Awesome!!!!

Kat said...

Hey! I didn't know you were RS pres either?!?!? Way to keep a secret.