Well, I survived my first year of graduate school. Academically it was not challenging. It was emotionally draining and some days I struggled to get along with the liberal world, but I survived it. Now all I have left is two summer classes and next year. I think I will graduate on May 7, 2011. I really never thought I would get a masters. I thought I wasn't smart enough, but I guess I picked the right masters because it is not academically rigorous.
Other than my two summer classes, I am going to continue to work at the Disability Support Services and mountain bike a lot. Laramie may be super cold, small, and windy, but there are great hiking and mountain biking trails close by.
I also decided to join AmeriCorps. I am really not sure what this all entails. I have to do 300 service hours, but my Internship next year will cover this. I will receive a scholarship which will help me pay for summer school. That is why I joined. Other than AmericCorps, I have decided I am going to limit myself to my calling, school, GA and internship. I told the athletic academic coordinator that I was not going to be a mentor again next year. This is big for me to say NO. I am not very good at it and I ended getting to busy. I figure with the things I have going I will be able to stay out of trouble.
1 comment:
Way to go, Holly! You ARE smart enough to do a lot of things -- knowing when to say no is one of life's lessons. Keep up the good work! We are proud of you!
Post a Comment