This year I decided to hike to Hidden Peak more than once. Monday, Owen and I set off just to take some pictures but we ended up hiking via the Gad Valley to Hidden Peak. I think the Gad Valley is little shorter but it is a lot steeper. We were tired by the time we got to the top. Tuesday, I set off alone up the Peruvian Gulch. I think my record has been to hike it in 1 hr 50 minutes. This time I hiked it in 1 hr. 40 mins. On Thursday Owen, Derek, and Alexis ran to the top. I have never ran to the top and was jealous of their experience so Owen and I ran on Friday in the afternoon after hiking 2 miles to Secret Lake. Running it was quite difficult and is more like a run/hike experience. I did run the switchbacks from the chairlift to the top. It took me 1 hr 27 minutes.
Me at the top of Hidden Peak.
The valley is in the background. Since there was a lot of snow this year there were huge patches still on the Peruvian Trail.
I rode the Peruvian Chairlift 3 times. In the distance you can see the Alpine Slide.
Alexis and Evan cruising down the Alpine Slide.
"AAAHHHHH, Greta hold on to me"
Holly and Greta come out of the corner at 150 mph.
Alexis and Greta ride the chairlift for another race on the Alpine Slide.
Alexis and Greta ride the chairlift for another race on the Alpine Slide.
As Owen and I were walking around on Monday we could see Derek, Alexis, and the twins on the balcony. Look straight ahead; they are the white dots near the roof of the Iron Blossom.
Friday we hike up to Secret Lake which is just past Alta. Owen, Derek, and Evan led the way.
I thought this was a cute Father and Son picture. Derek and Evan stop to take a rest.
Me at Secret Lake.
On our way down Greta said, "Take a picture of me." Here is one picture from her requested photo shoot.
There were so many beautiful wild flowers this year.
Sting must of been in Alta when he wrote "Fields of Gold."


2 comments:
Beautiful photos, Holly! I am so glad I got to visit you at Snowbird. Thanks for a wonderful time!
We were just there too! Are you still in town? I'd love to get together!
Post a Comment