Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

This year, under the tutelage of Kathy (Alexis' mom), Alexis and I cooked a Turkey and all the fixings. I made 7 layer dip (a Leonard favorite) for the football games, homemade rolls, and mashed potatoes. Alexis made a sweet potato pie, 6 cup salad, gravy, and stuffing. COSCO made the pumpkin pie for us. The food was great and cooking a turkey is not as hard as I thought.

I was worried that I would add too much flour and they would be heavy but they turned out really light and fluffy.

The bird is ready! Alexis gracefully places the Turkey in the oven.

Von teaching Derek how to carve a Turkey.

L to R: Von Kays, Greta, Derek, Alexis, Evan, and Kathy Kays. Dinner is served.

Part of Derek and Alexis' Thanksgiving traditions is the creation of a Thankful tree. Every day you write something you are thankful for on a leaf and add it to the tree. There are a lot of things I am thankful for and have been greatly blessed by the Lord. Evan is adding a leaf to the tree.

Greta, in her Turkey hat made at preschool, adds one more thing she is grateful for.

No comments: