Sunday, April 27, 2008

Doing a 180 on the I-80

Saturday morning I got up at 6:00 am to get ready for a track meet. When I headed out at 6:30 there was about 1.5 of snow on the ground. I called one of the other coaches to see if it was snowing in Ault. She said it was not snowing down south, so I started on my 45 min. commute to school to meet up with the rest of my team. Part of my commute is on the I-80 heading east. As I was traveling I noticed that the car in front of me, which was about 50 meters away start to slow down, so I did the same. All of sudden my car started sliding from one side of the road to the other. No matter what I did to counteract the sliding my car just whipped back and forth. I finally decided to just hit my brakes and let my car spin to a stop. Luckily there was no cars closely behind me. Well, my car did a 180 and then stopped. So, I turned it back on, turned around and was on my way. While I enjoy doing donuts (I recently had to buy a new tire because I wore one down doing donuts), I have to admit that it was a bit scary doing donuts on the interstate. I am grateful for the Lord watching over me.

4 comments:

Joni said...

Um, yikes, although I'm not surprised that you've worn down a tire doing donuts. Do you still hear Nikki's voice in your head telling you to do things like that?

Kat said...

Aagh!! I can't believe that its snowing!!! It's almost May!!! I am glad you're ok.

Nilda Noel said...

I'm glad you are okay. A bit scary. Miss having you here!

McMurtrey said...

That is so scary!! I'm glad that you are ok!! You are still as wild as ever!!