Friday, September 26, 2008
Highland High School's First Soccer Club
Our school does not have a boys' or girls' soccer team. My friend, Bob, and I thought it would be cool to start a soccer club. So, every Friday after school, we are holding pick-up games for any students that want to play. Today was our very first day. We had about about eighteen students and three teachers come out. We had planned on just playing for an hour but we ended up playing from 3:45 to 6:00. It was awesome. It was cool to see kids that don't normally get involved come out and play. Everyone had good sportsmanship and we just had a great time. One kid told me this was the first time he had ever played soccer. This is the side of teaching that I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holly...you never cease to amazing me at what an awesome teacher you are. I hope all your students appreciate what you do for them!
That is so fun. Brian would have loved something like that.
Post a Comment