Some teachers at my school started a Yoga Club. I decide that I would go because I have flexibility issues. I cannot touch my toes whether I am standing or sitting. And it is not because of a beer belly; it is the Leonard Curse. None of us are flexible. Anyway, I usually spend an hour after school in the weight room and on the track with two of my track runners. I told the boys that I was going to go to the Yoga class and I thought they should join me to help with their own flexibility. When I got to the designated Yoga classroom Sean says, "You didn't tell us we would be the only guys." I told them they were lucky because it was just them and twelve cheerleaders!
Can I just say that I hate Yoga? I don't know how to ease up on my groin, relax my kidneys, or reach up through my toes to my spine to the top of my head. I actually felt like I was at a Lunge Fest, since we lunge and then did some Dog move and lunged again. Anyway, after enduring thirty minutes, I gathered up my silly boys that spend most of the time laughing and tickling a cheerleader's feet and headed for the weight room.
While in the weight room, I saw something I never thought I would see. One of the songs we listened to was "You make me want to shout, raise my hands up and shout. Heeeeey, Heeeey..." Hopefully you figured out which song it is. During the chorus of the song I turned around and there are Zach and Sean dancing and singing the different parts. It was pretty funny.
And then as a bonus I got to prepare a Power Point on the Male Reproductive System that I get to teach to sophomores...lucky me! Could life get any better?
4 comments:
Holly you are so funny. I love hearing about your life.
I wish I could have been there to see you and the boys doing the yoga. How fun (and funny)!
I really don't think so. I really don't think you've lived until you have taught about the male reproductive system. :). And thats ok if you don't like yoga. I sure wish I could've seen ya!!
When you find a way to increase your flexibility, let me know. I'm only a Leonard by name (not genetics), but I can't touch my toes either!
Post a Comment