Saturday, October 24, 2009

Exposure Therapy

In counseling we called exposure to a phobia, "Exposure Therapy"; pretty creative name, huh? For those that know me well know that I don't like to throw parties. It is stressful for me because I worry if everyone is having a good time. Well, some of my classmates and I thought it would be fun to have a party to carve pumpkins, but we weren't sure where to have it. Since I have a fairly good size living room and hardwood floors I volunteered to have it at my house. I also decided that I was not going to worry whether or not people were having fun. That is their choice, right? So, we had about eleven people show up. Some of the guys in our cohort thought it was going to be a chick party. But those that came had fun. We carved pumpkins, ate good and fattening food, and played a game called "Blurt". And when it was all said and done it only took me about 30 minutes to clean up. I'm even contemplating having another party.


Keri and Chad busy performing surgery on their pumpkins

Talon's finished product

Jamie works on her "Swine Flu pumpkin victim"



This is my jack-o-lantern. My friend Katrina designed it on paper and I copied it. This is probably the best one I have ever done. Are you frightened? You should be. It's the Grim Reaper.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Way to go!!!! I am seriously very proud of you. I hope you do have another one. Exposure therapy still has yet to work on me though, I keep flying and I still hate it.

Susan said...

Is there such a thing as over-exposure therapy -- or do you need the therapy when you have been over-exposed?

Joni said...

Wow, Holly...I can't believe how busy you are, at least it sounds like it. So...when are you coming out and planning a party for us. You can use our house!

Susan said...

The party looks like it was a great success! We like your scary jack-o-lantern, too.

Nikki said...

Good job! I'm not terribly fond of giving parties either. I'm proud of you for going for it!