Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today we are teaching poodles how to fly

So, today in class I had to present a counseling technique with two other classmates. I was in charge of introducing an activity we were going to do to illustrate the technique. I started by saying "Today we are teaching poodles how to fly." I didn't quite get the reaction I had hoped for. Most people sat there with a confused expression, but I know Raul would of been proud.

I was about to publish this post but I could hear a certain family member telling me that I probably want to explain why this is funny. One of the world's most cinematic treasures is a movie called "UHF" starring Weird Al Yankovic. "UHF" is about a TV station and one of the programs on this station is Raul's Animal Kingdom. On one episode from his second story apartment Raul attempts but fails to teach poodles how to fly. By the way did you know the turtle is nature's suction cup.

3 comments:

Susan said...

This just went right over our heads. Guess we need to watch "UHF," since we didn't watch it 20 years ago (or whenever).

Susan said...

Just watched the "UHF" trailer. No further comment - am speechless.

Alexis said...

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!