Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas at Steamboat

This year I am going to Seattle for Christmas to spend the holiday with Derek and his family. Since my dad and Susan are going to Arizona, Susan planned a weekend in Steamboat where we could celebrate Christmas with Owen and Kim. I love going to Steamboat; it is just so beautiful. I enjoy going downtown and shopping through the stores, especially the Christmas store. We also made gingerbread houses one night. Dad, Owen, and I went snowshoeing Saturday morning. Saturday night we had our traditional German dinner of rouladen and spaeztle and then opened presents.

This is the view from our window. Normally, I like to spend one day snowboarding but since it is $90 a day, I decided to save my money.

Here is our Christmas tree and it looks like Santa came early.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Wow- what a good idea. I had no idea. Sounds like you all had a nice weekend. Did you all really already open all your gifts?