On my way to Seattle I decided to take a detour and go up to Glacier National Park. I arrived on June 30 and stayed 2 nights in East Glacier near St. Mary's Lake. It was really windy but absolutely beautiful. The road that connects East and West Glaciers is called "Going to the Sun Road". It is named this because the road goes by a mountain called "Going to the Sun". The sun is a very important part of the Native American Tribe that lives near Glacier. Parts of this road were still closed because they were still removing snow. I was able to drive my car to Jackson Glacier but no further. Even though cars were not able to travel further, the rangers allowed us to walk 2 miles up the road. This was awesome because I got to see so much more than I would of from my car.
A few Christmas ago Derek and Alexis got me the burner, pot, and spork. I had lasagna for dinner the first night and ...
Oatmeal for breakfastThis was the view I saw as I drove into St. Mary's entrance into the park.
In the middle of the lake is an island called Wild Goose Island
In the middle of the lake is an island called Wild Goose Island
The mountains were so majestic and had little vegetation on them. West Glacier was the complete opposite.
Pretty flower
I really loved East Glacier. I was only about 30 miles from the Canadian border. The town is really small, there are no showers, and it was such a refreshing experience.


No comments:
Post a Comment