West Glacier was a lot warmer than East. I was able to wear shorts and there was no wind. I also spent two nights camping near the West Glacier entrance. Since parts of the road were closed due to snow the rangers allowed us to walk 3 miles up. I never did see Logan Pass, the top of the road, but that is okay because I loved walking on the road rather than driving it.
I got pretty good taking pictures of myself.
This is a reflection of the mountains in Lake McDonald which is near the West Glacier entrance.
There were so many beautiful waterfalls. I walked quite a ways on the road to get just the right picture. Not sure I ever got it but this is close.
The river was really high and raging as it made its way down the canyon.
In 2006 there was a fire in Glacier. Walking through these trees was like walking through a graveyard.
My attempt to take "cool" pictures of a waterfall.
While I was walking on a trail I came across this deer. I couldn't believe how close I was able to walk near her. She didn't not run but just lifted her head to see who it was and then kept eating.
This is called the "Weeping Wall". Hopefully you can figure out why on your own.
Another waterfall.
On the way up I saw a bear foraging on a tree. Glacier is full of bears and there are lots of warnings about bear safety. Luckily this bear was far enough off and there were lots of people taking pictures
More beautiful views.
My campsite.

2 comments:
that's a really cool picture of the dead trees.
What beautiful country! Great photos, Holly.
Post a Comment