Saturday, February 11, 2012

Twins Falls

During Thanksgiving we went hiking with Alexis' dad, Von, up to Twins Falls. The moss on the trees and the twist and turns of the branches made me fee like I was walking through a Dr. Suess forrest.

Through twisty forest I will go
Not on my head but on my toes

I will not eat the fuzzy moss
Nor will I stop to brush and floss

Up and over the rainbow limb
I'll blaze the trail and sing a hymn

It is not hard, I can find my way
To see the first waterfall cascade

Oh, there are other people hiking today
But I will not stop and ask to play
(Evan, Derek, Greta, Alexis, and Von)

Instead I will join them on their hike
We have to walk it's to hard to bike
(Evan, Holly, and Greta at the 2nd Falls)

Up and down and all around
I'll stop and pose then head on down

But how will I get down
I am too tired to hike...

Maybe I could ride a moose
Or catch a ride on a train's caboose

Or could I said sail down the river
While reading the book, The Giver

Perhaps I will kayak down the roaring falls
And then swing from branches big and tall

That's it, I know how I will get down

I will ride a moose,
Then jump onto a train's caboose
Then I will sail, kayak, and swing from tree to tree
I cannot give up, I must go on, till the journey ends for me


2 comments:

Susan said...

I liked your blog posts, one and all, of the great fun you had last fall.
It took a while, 'tis not too late to keep your readers up to date!

Kim said...

I don't have anything clever to say in a rhyme, but I enjoyed your posts, thanks for taking the time. Ha!