Saturday, March 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

For Christmas I decided to visit my sister, Heidi, and her family in Garden City Kansas. My brother, Owen, decided he would also head to Heidi's. Lucky for me he lives in Colorado so he picked me up at the Denver Airport and we drove together to Heidi's. The first thing I noticed when I arrived in Denver was how warm it felt compared to Seattle even though the temperature was lower. I have really struggled with the wet cold and enjoyed the 5 days I had of dry cold despite the extremely dry skin. Christmas Eve Owen, Heidi with some help from me made Jagerschnitzel for dinner. The boys also got to open one gift.

Santa filled our stockings with all sorts of goodies.

Uncle Owen playing with Gavin's train table before Gavin got to.

Adam really, really, really, really, really, really wanted a 3-D Nintendo DS and Santa did not leave him empty handed. I gave Adam money to get a new game and as a result of my gift I got to go into a Game Stop store for the first time while he picked out a game.

Heidi playing with Gavin as he hammers shapes in his new toolbox.

Matt busy playing with one of his Christmas gifts

So, if you did not notice in the picture of our stockings, the boys were given Jayhawk pet pillows. Unfortunately, Heidi and Robert are KU fans. Well, Owen and I, having gone to K-State, felt it was appropriate and our duty to help them see the light. So, Christmas Eve, at midnight, Owen and I crept out of the house via the sliding glass door into the backyard. We made our way to the driveway in the front of the house and improved Robert's license plate with a surprise gift. Christmas Day, Heidi, noticed that the screen door was slightly open. It is funny because after we had completed our mission, I noticed I had not closed the screen door all the way but I let it go and immediately thought "I bet Heidi notices." As sure enough she did. She said, "So, this is how Santa Claus go in the house"; Heidi and Robert do not have a chimmney. I told Heidi I had made the footprints in the snow so the boys would think they were Santa's. Anyway, as Heidi and family pulled out of the driveway in the minivan to go t church later on that day, Heidi, the most observant family member noticed Robert's new license frame. I am sad to report it was taken off Robert's car as soon as they got home from church. Owen even parked his car as closed as he could hoping it would block Robert from taking it off.

1 comment:

Kat said...

go KU! I love those pillows. I want one.