Saturday, August 30, 2008

Can you turn on the lights so I can count my mosquito bites?

This year has started off to a pretty good starts. I am enjoying just teaching sophomores and freshmen. They keep me laughing by the things they say. For example, the other day I had the lights off in the classroom because I was using a Power Point. During the presentation I had the kids work on something, but I kept the lights off since the light switch is in the hallway and you have to use a special key to turn it on and off. One young man came up to me and asked if I could turn the lights on so that he could count his mosquito bites. Pretty random, but that's freshmen for you.

2 comments:

Kat said...

That is random. That sounds like something one of my first graders would say. Are you teaching history, math, home ec :)?

Joni said...

That is random! Good thing you can get a good laugh from them. Kat...I think she is teaching home ec:).