Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Fun

Well, I have been a bit of a lazy blogger this summer. In fact, I have been a bit lazy in a lot of areas of my life. So, to catch up any one that reads my blog I have filmed myself doing an interpretive dance of my summer. So, get the popcorn, get comfortable, and ready, set, ACTION.

Well, the interpretive dance didn't turn out so well so I will just write about my exciting life. School ended May 20. So, I am officially a retired school teacher without the retirement benefits. To start off my retirement I headed to Seattle and spent 12 days with my niece, Greta, and nephew, Evan. Occasionally, I would make time for their parents too. When I got back to Colorado/Wyoming I started working for my dad in his pediatric dentistry practice. I am...a professional scanner now. My dad's office is going paperless but before that happens I get the exciting and thrilling opportunity to scan the documents into the computer. It is monotonous but I am glad I have a job that gives me a little extra money.

Now, some of you may be wondering why I retired so young. No, I didn't not win the lottery or rob a bank. I started University of Wyoming Grad school on June 15. In the fall I will be going full time. So, this summer I was required to take 2 courses. The first was Ethics and the second one, which I am finishing up, is Theories of Counseling and Pyschodyanmics. I have really enjoy being the student instead of the teacher. My goal is to have my masters in the spring of 2011. I am also playing on a soccer team in Ft. Collins and so far we are 4-1. My brother, Owen, and I also found time to bike a 20 mile loop that was beautiful but a killer workout. Just like Lance Armstrong we are going to attempt it again. Maybe not 8 times but twice, which is quite an accomplishment for us. Then in two weeks I will be crossing the Zion Curtain and going to Snowbird for a family reunion. Overall, it has not been an exciting summer of fighting Ninja and traveling to various spots of the earth, but it has been a nice summer that has allowed me to relax in a different way.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like you have had a great summer -- free of thoughts of teaching in the fall, too! Have fun at Snowbird.

Laura said...

Retirement is great is it not?!! I guess we never "retire" from anything, just move on to greater things. Good luck with grad school. Have fun hitting the books- truth be told, I am very JEALOUS!!!

Joni said...

Seriously...I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth! I'm glad it was just to Seattle and back to Wyoming. Sounds like your keeping busy, not being lazy. Enjoy the rest of your summer!