Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Boulder Boulder 2010k

On Memorial Day I ran the Boulder Boulder 10k. There were 54,000 people racing. My goal was to run it in under an hour and I crossed the finish line at 56:13 with a (9:02 mile pace). The Boulder Boulder is a race that is not only a great course but a great atmosphere. As we ran through the neighborhood there were bands playing, belly dancers, and people handing out jello shots. Although I was tempted with the jello shots, I refrained. I didn't want to get a side ache. Many of the neighborhood residents were having tailgate parties in their drive ways and cheering us on. One family even had a slip in slide for racers, but I was to focus on beating an hour to stop and appease my inner child. The Boulder Boulder is also know for the costumes that many runners will wear. I saw Jesus, a man in a suit, a man wearing a green body suit that he even covered his face, many people wearing hula skirts, and two women wearing dresses (I think they were sister missionaries). The only thing I would change about the race would be where I parked. I was 1.5m from the starting line and 3m from the finish line. Even though there were 54,000 people, the race was very well organized. ABC news actually filmed the finish line and and you can watch it at http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/23747809/index.html You can actually see me cross the finish line. I crossed at 8:40:33. I am wearing a blue tank top, a white hat, and dark shorts. I put my hands on my head, give a worker a high five and then put my hands on my hips. The video is blurry but if you are bored at work here is something to do.

I found a website with my picture from the race. Not the most flattering but oh well.

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=61703&BIB=GB573&LNSEARCH=1&PWD=

3 comments:

Susan said...

Good job, Holly. I found you on the video.

Alexis said...

Evan and Greta cheer: "Go Holly! You can do it!" Just wait til you come run with us- they really do say that.

Congrats on that time! Way to make your goal.

Laura said...

Your rock Holly! You never cease to amaze me. Enjoy the beautiful Colorado summer and all it's glory!