Monday, June 28, 2010

Burpees

Once when I was visiting Seattle, Alexis told me that her friend was doing the 100 Burpees Challenge. No, it is not burping 100 times. Burpees are an exercise that are actually used by Navy Seals to do conditioning. The following picture demonstrates a Burpee:

When I go down into the push up position I actually do a a push up and mine don't look as good as this marine's but I try. Anyway, when Alexis told me about her friend I thought that it would be impossible. Burpees are quite tiring and I couldn't imagine doing 100. Well, one of the Crossfit workouts I have is called the "Prison Workout". You start with doing 20 Burpees, walk 25m, do 19 Burpees, walk 25m and so on down to 1 Burpee. This is a total of 210 Burpees. So, I decided to try it today. It took me about an hour. Well, when I got to 13 I wasn't sure if I had done my set up 14 so when I was finished I did another set up 14. So, I think all total I did 224 Burpees. It wasn't as hard as I had anticipated. I think walking 25m really helps give your muscles a brief break. I am not sore yet, but I have a feeling I will be in the morning.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

You're insane, Holly! You have to sit on a plane for a few hours in just 2 days! I'm not giving you a break on keeping up with the twins either. Sore muscles are for wimps. Evan already knows how to say, "Don't be a wimp, Holly!"