Sunday, August 1, 2010

Prefontaine


Over the 4th of July, Derek, Alexis, and I went to the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, Oregon. It was really cool to see professional runners compete and to feel the fans' energy. Although, I am not a runner, it was fun to observe this culture. Some of the pictures you may have to click on to see the image I was trying to capture; my zoom is pretty poor.


A long jumper taking flight.


Mariya Savinova winning the 800m. I remember watching her in the Olympics.

Women's Steeple Chase


Tirunesh Dibaba winning the 5000m in 14:34.07. Amazing, I am just finishing up my 1st mile in that time.

Men's 1500.

Another Long Jumper

Walter Dix just beating Tyson Gay in the 200m. He ran it in 19.72 seconds.

1 comment:

Kim said...

How on earth do you justify the comment that you "are not a runner"?? The fact that you know what your time WOULD be says "runner" to me! You rock, Holly.