For Spring Break part of my family went to Maui from March 12-March 20. We stayed in Kihei on the south part of Maui. It was a great location. It was really relaxing and I didn't think there were many tourist. There was a beach right across the street too. To make this simple here is our itinerary.
A view of our beach from the parents' room.
A view of our beach from the parents' room.Day 1:
- Flew into Maui
- Relaxed
- Went to church (sacrament only)
- Walked on the beach with family
- Played a new game called "Bang"
- Relaxed

Greta and Holly are excited about going "buggy boarding" the next day.
Day 3:- Jogged with Owen in the morning
- Went to the beach with family
- Owen, the parents, and I tried another beach but it was to rocky
- Went back to "our" beach
Day 4:
- Snorkeling Excursion -- We took a boat out to Molokini to snorkel. On the way out their we saw Humpback Whales. Molokini is a crater in the ocean. The snorkeling was really great. After snorkeling at the crater we got back in the boat and went over to Turtle Town were we saw some turtles and amazing fish. On our way back to the harbor we had a BBQ on the boat. I would go with this company again because the had prescription goggles which were great for me. I also enjoyed just being on the boat. I love boat rides.
- Worked out at the gym
- Went to the beach
- Watched a movie in the evening: My parents went to a show while we watched a "violent" movie. Upon returning from the show I told my dad he wouldn't like it because of the violence. He then said, "I much prefer sex over violence" referring to movies.
Molokini crater with a whale swimming by.
Here is a better picture of a whale. Apparently a few males were fighting over a female near our boat. This is a picture of one whale pulling a ninja move against the other pursuers.
Derek and Greta enjoying the boat ride
Day 5:- I went on a helicopter ride over West Maui and the island Molokai where a leper colony was set up. I have never been on a helicopter and have always wanted to experience a ride. I enjoyed it a lot but as a little scared when the wind picked up. It was very beautiful and I took 125 pictures in 45 minutes.
- Went running with Derek, Alexis, and Owen. On our run we checked out some beaches and found a really good one for boogie boarding.
- Went to the beach
Day 6:
- Parents took the twins to the Aquarium while Derek, Alexis, Owen and I went boogie boarding. The waves were great and at times a little scary. Derek told me he could see why I loved boogie boarding so much and how I could do it all day. This was the first time that Derek, Owen, and Alexis had every boogie boarded.
- Went to the gym
- Went to a Luau in Lahaina. The luau was at the Hilton Hotel which was just gorgeous. The luau was pretty good to.

Here is a family picture at the Luau.
Day 7:
- We drove the road to Hana. Although it is only a little over 40 miles it takes about 3 hours because of the narrow roads and twist and turns. It is a gorgeous drive
- Derek, Alexis, Owen and I ran up a 2 miles trail to a waterfall. The run was really neat because we ran through a bamboo forest, past a huge banyan tree, and we were able to put our heads underneath the waterfall. I was glad Alexis suggested we run.
- Walked around the the seven pools and took a swim in one pool.
- We also explored a Lava Tube.
Holly, Derek, Alexis, and Owen near Waimoku Falls.
Day 8
- Spent 5 hours on the beach boogie boarding.
- Drove up to Haleakala volcano. Unfortunately by the time we got to the top the clouds were covering the crater. It was really windy and raining. We got out to take a picture at the lookout point although we couldn't see anything. I put socks on my hands to keep them warm. The drive up to the Haleakala was really beautiful.

Evan and Greta learn how to boogie board.

Greta the boogie boarder.
Day 9
- Packed to go home
- Drove up to Lahaina for a seafood dinner
- Flew back to Colorado









2 comments:
What an exciting trip! Thanks for sharing, Holly.
That looks like a blast! And you are a crazy boogie boarder!! I remember Charelston!!
Post a Comment