Saturday, June 25, 2011

21 Mile bike ride

Owen and I decided to ride the 21 mile loop at Soapstone. Last time we rode this loop we started at the Canyon Rim Trail and rode over to the Mahogany Trail. This time we started at the Mahogany Trail and rode down the Canyon Rim Trail. As we were riding I was thinking, "Why in the world did we ride up the Canyon Rim Trail last time" It is a really hard ride and today's was A LOT easier.

I am still smiling after the uphill

Owen with Red Mountain Open Space in the background

I really love riding my bike; I just feel so free

When we got up on one rim we saw Turkey Vultures flying overhead

With all the snow and rain, Red Mountain Open Space was just beautiful

You can see part of the trail in the distance that we went up

2 comments:

Owen said...

You forgot to mention that we burned around 2300 calories - which meant we could pig out on fattening food ;)

Susan said...

We like the way Owen's mind works!