Friday, May 27, 2011

Ivana P. says goodbye

My last day at UDSS was May 25. Working there has been the highlight of my masters experience. Not only was it a HUGE financial blessing (I have no school debt) I really loved the people I worked with. I also enjoyed working with students in a different capacity than teaching.

Well, on Wednesday when I entered my office, Amanda had made me this beautiful "windchime". It is made with CDs we use for text in alternative format for students, a UDSS stress ball, my name in braille, and 2 dried out clementines which previously lived in Amanda's office; I was always making comments about them.

In the beginning of May I added a fake student, named Ivana P., to our test schedule. It took about a week for anyone to notice. First it was the office assistant who could not find where Professor Depends office was. So, she asked Barbara, the office associate, and she was just as puzzled. So, Babara went and asked my boss, Chris, about it. Chris looked at it and then said "I think this is Holly's doing." As a going away present my co-workers got me a special Cowboy's Football Jersey. I am #11 because of 2011. And my game day name is...Ivana P.

Here are the great people that I work with. Front Row: Barbara and Casey. Back Row: Chris, Denise, Amanda (the talented windchime maker) and Ivana P.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the mobile/windchime -- and the shirt. Looks like you had a great group of people to work and have fun with.