The first week of April I went to Logan, Utah to hang out with Nikki and Sandra. We went up into Idaho to Lava Hot Springs for a night. I was really surprised at the nice facilities they had. After enjoying the hot springs we went to dinner at Fat Jacks. And yes, I felt fat after eating there. Since there is NOTHING to do in the town in the evening we played monopoly and watched way too many episodes of the Golden Girls. Then the next morning we had a Idaho breakfast at the Chuckwagon and then headed back to Logan. Since I was going to be in Idaho, I had mentioned that it would be cool to buy some real Idaho potatoes for my coworkers. We did not see any potato stands in Idaho but there was one north of Logan. So, thankfully Sandra was insistent that I get some potatoes and we stopped at a stand. There was no one there but a trailer with the door open had 3 sacks of potatoes in it. There was a drop box for money and a high security surveillance camera which we made funny faces for. So, we paid our money and Sandra picked up our 50lb bag of potatoes. And they were very delicious potatoes. I just finished my last two today.

Lava Hot Springs

Nikki, Holly, and Sandra in the second to the hottest pool.

Nothing like a greasy burger and fries after relaxing in a hot springs.

Sandra riding the Lava Hot Springs bull for 8 seconds. There was no sign but I am pretty sure she should not be on that bull.

My hearty Idaho breakfast. No, I did not finish it all.

These potatoes were straight from the ground. It took me a good 3 minutes or so to clean off all the dirt. I don't know if I will ever be able to eat store bought potatoes again.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! Wasn't it cold up there?
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment