Sunday, September 2, 2012

60 miles

For the 4th of July I decided to ride my bike to the I-90 bridge and cross over from Bellevue to Mercer Island to Seattle.  The followed Lake Washington north to the bridge.  One way was 30 miles so I rode 60 miles total; this is the most I have ever done in one day.  I have never explored this bike trail and it was a lot of fun.  I rode through a beautiful park, stopped at "beach" on Lake Washington to eat a Cliff Bar and ended the day eating a highly caloric burger at "5 Guys".  

I-90 Bridge facing Seattle (West)
I-90 bridge facing Bellevue and Mercer Island (East)
If you look real hard you can see Mt. Rainer in the distance (you may have to click on the picture)
The Happy Rider

1 comment:

Susan said...

What an adventure! It must have been beautiful.