Monday, September 3, 2012

The rest of Snowbird

On Tuesday, Owen, Alexis and I ran to the top of Hidden Peak.  It took me 1 hour 26 minutes; I went 5 miles up a 3000ft vertical climb.  We started at 8000ft. and ran up to 11,000ft.  When I say ran I also mean we walked some.  Although this year I ran more of it; I was really proud of how much I ran. 

Owen, Holly, Greta, Alexis, Evan, and Derek on top of Hidden Peak.  Derek brought Greta and Evan up on the Tram.      
We also spent Tuesday with my mom and Clason Cousins for a Cook family reunion. 
Wednesday Heidi and I hike to the top of Hidden Peak with Mark Chamberlain and his son Mason.  This was Heidi's first time hiking to the top in years and she did great.
Thursday Heidi and Robert went down into the valley so I watched Matt and Adam.  We went hiking, had  Ice Cream, picked out Snowbird shirts and went swimming.  I do not have any pictures of this but it was fun.  Friday, I hiked up to Hidden Peak one last time.  Last year I broke my record of 1 hour 50 minutes with 1 hour 45 minutes.  This year I smashed my record and hiked to the top in 1 hour 24 minutes.  I took a shorter but steeper route than when I ran to the top on Tuesday.  The Salt Lake Valley is in the distance.
After hiking I took the chairlift down and snap this picture of the Tram and the Iron Blossom in the background.

I hiked over to waterfall but because it has been so dry it was pretty empty.  So, I climbed down into it and took some pictures.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It looks like you had a wonderful week. I am so glad you all were able to be together, and that I could be a small part of it.